The Technical Director will be responsible for guidance, maturation and development of staff members, as well as the proper deployment of staff to ensure the make-up of each project team suits each individual project's specific needs and requirements..
A Lead technical resource for multiple architecture studios.
The Technical Director at Gensler plays an extremely important role in the delivery of design. It is important that these leaders become well versed in the Gensler design culture, Gensler CAD/Revit platforms, Gensler specifications, Gensler production & construction administration standards, and the Gensler contracts & project management standards. It is a very demanding role where success is created by the efforts of a highly motivated and unique individual.
The Technical Director will be responsible for guidance, maturation and development of staff members, as well as the proper deployment of staff to ensure the make-up of each project team suits each individual project's specific needs and requirements. What You Will Do
- Oversee the Quality Assurance Review Process for this (and potentially other) project(s)
- Improve the quality of our deliverables and reduce risk
- Improve the efficiency of our document production effort
- Enhance design through strong technical support
- Establish a leadership position and role model for technically oriented staff
For consideration, please submit resume and relevant work samples. Submittals must include work samples for full consideration.Life at Gensler
- Advanced degree in Architecture or Design preferred, with a rigorous design education
- 15+ years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of Building Codes (as required for the jurisdictions in which their office is performing work)
- A strong design sensibility which leads to the enhancement of design through the technical innovation and processes
- A strong management sensibility to allow for efficient and systematic incorporation of the Quality Assurance program into the project process
- High level technical skills and experience in Construction Document (Drawing & Specification) Preparation
- Experience in full cycle Construction Administration on multiple projects
- Expert knowledge of industry standards & resources
- You are an educator capable of Investing personal time to mentor junior technical staff
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to ?Well-being Week,? our offices reflect our people?s diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm?s commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. In addition, we reimburse tuition for certain eligible programs or classes. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future. Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Gensler will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Associated topics: administrative, administrative assistant, administrative officer, assist, assistant, associate, front office, operational support, records management, support
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...