Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
MISSION / SUMMARY:
This role is designed to supervise the shift operations of the Cup Department at the Pittston Plant in safety, engagement, productivity and quality. This individual will direct and coordinate the day-to-day shift activities of the department by providing leadership and supervision to direct reports. They understand and align business operations and the Cup Department as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Ensure product is efficiently produced to scheduled/budgeted levels.
- Work together with other Shift Managers to supervise employees on the shift by coordinating machine assignments, monitoring employee attendance, and being a presence in the assigned manufacturing areas.
- Tour work areas and communicate with employees in order to serve as a resource.
- Assist in troubleshooting to maintain the efficient production of quality product.
- Demonstrate leadership behaviors that build an environment of trust and personal integrity.
- Direct and support activities and personal compliance in developing a safe work environment and a fostering a culture of safe performance.
- Communicate with Scheduling and Warehouse personnel to ensure raw materials are available.
- Effectively communicate both up and down the organization on key issues (e.g. performance reviews, 1-on-1 s, safety meetings, overtime plans, monthly business results, etc.)
- Routinely conduct discussions with each employee to provide feedback on their performance and understand their desires for personal development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Productivity goals are met by establishing and communicating clear goals, providing requisite resources to direct reports, ensuring proper equipment care/maintenance, engaging the workforce and setting appropriate priorities / monitoring progress.
- Safety goals are met by following defined safety procedures, encouraging involvement, following up on safety concerns, and modeling proper safe behaviors.
- Engagement is achieved by providing leadership on the shift. This includes listening and responding to employee issues, taking decisive actions, recognizing excellent performance, and holding employees accountable for undesirable behaviors.
- Quality/Waste goals are achieved by ensuring all direct reports are properly trained on their equipment, following proper manufacturing procedures, performing requisite inspections, and following up on suggested improvements.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Experience and familiarity working in a manufacturing environment
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Four-year degree preferred or;
- Two years compensatory closely related work experience required in lieu of degree.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead a team
- Flexibility in personal schedule to adapt to business needs
- Computer skills with a focus on Microsoft office applications
- Ability to multitask
- Strong strategic, analytical problem-solving ability (TCC/Trouble Cause Correction)
- Ability to work independently as well as the ability to coordinate activities with different departments
- Ability to perform job functions in a changing and constantly evolving work environment
- Strong safety orientation as per job requirements
- General schedule(s) are up to 12-hour shifts on alternate days with rotating weekends off, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 12-hours.
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster .
Job Location Pittston, Pennsylvania, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Loading some great jobs for you...