Service Desk Technician Level 2 - Walton
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Kadmon is a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company engaged in the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecules and biologics to address unmet medical needs, with a near-term clinical focus on inflammatory and fibrotic diseases as well as immuno-oncology.
Kadmon employs approximately 110 people across corporate, scientific and commercial functions. We have experienced research and clinical development teams that evaluate and develop in-licensed products and potential product candidates from our research platforms.
Our most advanced product candidate, KD025, is a selective oral Rho-associated coiled-coil kinase 2 (ROCK2) inhibitor in an ongoing pivotal trial for the treatment of chronic graft-versus-host disease (cGVHD), a life-threatening complication following allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) that results in inflammation and fibrosis in multiple organs. We expect to complete enrollment of this trial in 2019. We also expect to initiate a Phase 2 clinical trial of scleroderma in 2019.
We are also developing KD045, a pan-ROCK (ROCK1/2) inhibitor for the treatment of fibrotic diseases, and expect to initiate a clinical trial in 2019. In addition, we have a biologics platform focused on the development of IL-15-containing fusion proteins for immuno-oncology indications. Our lead candidate from this platform, KD033, is an anti-PD-L1/IL-15 fusion protein. We expect to initiate a clinical trial of KD033 in 2019.
Through Kadmon Pharmaceuticals, LLC, our specialty-focused commercial subsidiary, we market and distribute products in a variety of therapeutic areas. We are seeking approval for a generic formulation of trientine hydrochloride for the treatment of Wilson’s disease, a genetic liver disease. We intend to leverage our commercial infrastructure to market this formulation, if approved, as well as to support the development and commercialization of our clinical product candidates.
As we are a small biotechnology company, the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels in a fast-paced start-up environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality, is crucial to this role. Strong written and verbal communication skills, decision-making abilities and attention to detail are equally important.
The primary responsibility of the Service Desk is to ensure the timely resolution and or restoration of services and support to all Kadmon employees. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests and escalating incidents when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain service level agreement expectations. Resolution of incidents may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
The Level 2 Service Desk role is extremely critical as it bridges the gap between highly technical Level 3/Engineering resources and the primarily end user focused Level 1 resources. The Level 2 technician is also relied on as a knowledgeable on-site resource for other parts of the IT organization, who may work at different Kadmon sites, to leverage to meet their goals.
Required knowledge areas or software products and packages deployed on a corporate-wide basis, which the Service Desk Technician Level 2 will hold shared responsibility for, include, but are not limited to:
· Incident tracking software such as ServiceNow or similar.
· Client Operating Systems such as Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 10, and beyond.
· Server Operating Systems such as Microsoft Windows Server 2008/R2 and up.
· Common business applications such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
· System imaging and software deployment tools such as Microsoft WDS and SCCM, Ghost, Acronis, or similar.
· Client provisioning and troubleshooting of local area network, wireless network, voice infrastructure, Internet, and remote access VPN failures.
· (Junior level) Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, WSUS, SharePoint, Exchange/O365, and Group Policy administration.
Additional knowledge areas with strategic importance to IT include:
· Setup, use, support or monitoring of other internal IT systems such as virtualization infrastructure, enterprise backup and recovery suite, enterprise anti-virus, monitoring and logging systems, database servers, web servers, etc.
· Setup, use, support or monitoring of Cisco network equipment or VoIP technologies.
· Setup, use, support or monitoring of any pharmaceutical or life sciences industry specific software platform.
· Computer system validation or other documentation and quality management requirements for regulated industry.
Troubleshoot and resolve technical incidents and or service requests either remotely or at a client site within established SLAs.
Check, validate and update ticket documentation in real-time.
Support other IT project leads and IT team members in the support, testing and training of the user base on business applications.
Work on project teams within IT and the business as assigned.
Assist in software releases and roll-outs, and supports end users via ongoing communication and training.
Perform preventative maintenance on end user devices, servers, and other systems as required.
Evaluate documented resolutions and contribute to the knowledge base library.
Participate in on-call rotation, including nights and weekend support, while adhering to off-hours service level agreements.
Undertake a more detailed assessment and investigation into faults presented by the Level 1 support team sufficient to provide the necessary information for Level 3/Engineering resources to efficiently solve the problem; this is likely to involve the gathering of log file information and other supporting diagnostic information which will be necessary for higher level resources to rapidly produce a fix.
Work closely with Level 3/Engineering resources to develop solutions to complex problems and plan how to deploy those solutions to Kadmon’s user base.
Perform tasks as assigned by the Level 3/Engineering group to gather data or perform actions in support of larger initiatives.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent years of IT experience.
· 3+ years of experience in user-facing support roles, systems administration, or related discipline within IT.
· Related entry or intermediate level industry certification preferred (CCNA/CCNP, ITIL, MCSE/MCSA, etc.).
Loading some great jobs for you...