Director, Quality & Compliance, Healthcare Improvement
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Empower Every New Yorker — Without Exception — to Live the Healthiest Life Possible
Come join the largest public hospital system in the nation! Every day, we work together to make an extraordinary difference in the health and well-being of each individual we serve – without exception. Join our team and help us create a positive human experience.
- Manage and coordinate a number of laboratory transformation initiatives across the health system addressing the improvement and standardization of laboratory operations with an emphasis on Point of Care.
- Conduct routine and limited service laboratory audits for compliance with regulatory and accrediting agency standards.
- Identify and share best practices for improving laboratory operations and performance.
- Provide operational and technical support to all aspects of laboratory services across the health system.
- Identify opportunities to improve laboratory quality, efficiency, safety and direct any associated improvement efforts
- Creating and sustaining a collaborative environment across the laboratory enterprise
- Supports, consults, and participates with H+H health system laboratory staff and leadership to ensure optimal laboratory operations.
- Direct the development and implementation of effective risk control processes
- Participates in department, inter department and inter facility projects which help the laboratories achieve their operational goals in alignment with H+H Guiding Principles (a patient-centered approach, safety, excellence, cost savings and resource management, teamwork, and employee development).
- Prepare reports as may be needed.
1. A Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Physics, Engineering or Social Services, Health Care Specialization or related programs; and,
A minimum of five years of progressive, responsible experience relating to health care program planning, research, design, operations, evaluation and analysis; or,
2. A Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in Public Health, Public or Hospital Administration, Health Care Specialization, Business Administration or related disciplines; and,
A minimum of four years of progressively responsible experience directly related to health care program planning, research, design, operations, evaluation and analysis, with at least one year in supervision or planning and/or analysis; or,
3. A satisfactory equivalent combination of training, education and experience; and,
4. Demonstrated skills in written and oral communication.
- Bachelors of Science Degree required, at minimum
- NYS License as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist
- Must qualify as a supervisor as defined by NYS Part 58, plus have an additional 4 years of experience at the managerial level overseeing the operation of a large hospital laboratory department/program.
- Knowledge and experiences in multiple laboratory disciplines
- Working knowledge of NYS CLEP Fundamental and Sustaining Standards of Practice
- Familiarity with laboratory regulatory/accreditation standards including quality systems management standards for CAP, FDA,TJC, NYS, and other external agencies as applicable
- Understanding of workflow and operational processes between laboratory departments including technical and non-technical laboratory functions.
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to analyze data and conduct effective cause analysis to identify the source(s) of non-conformities
- Demonstrated ability to work with as part of a team in a variety of hospital laboratory settings
- Ability to work independently
- Local travel required
- Ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced, collaborative laboratory environment
- Knowledge and experience in the deployment of performance improvement tools and experience managing and executing Lean process improvement projects.
- Working knowledge of quality management tools to improve organizational performance
- Experience collaborating with departments outside the laboratory including but not limited to Nursing and Pharmacy
- Expertise in Laboratory and Hospital Information Systems
- Must be a good communicator both written and verbal
- Knowledge and experience in the implementation and/or maintenance of a safety program which includes fire, hazardous wastes, infectious wastes, electrical, chemical.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Visio, etc.)
Loading some great jobs for you...