Industrial Engineering Manager
Compensation: $87,375.00 - $125,190.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Explore career opportunities at TJ Maxx, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. TJ Maxx delivers great value on ever-changing selections of brand name and designer fashion at prices generally 20%-60% below department and specialty store regular prices, on comparable merchandise, every day. With over 1,000 stores nationwide and an e-commerce business, it's a great time to join the TJ Maxx team.
The primary purpose of the Industrial Engineering (IE) Manager role is to lead all engineering activities and establish a culture of process improvement in the distribution center. The IE Manager will work with their direct reports and the Operations teams to improve efficiency, maintain labor standards, and reduce costs. Their expertise will also be used to develop and implement regional and national projects and strategies across all of our divisions.
- Analyze and provide solutions for cost reduction through process improvements and cost/benefit analysis.
- Design and recommend department layouts and product flows in the distribution center.
- Identify operational bottlenecks and develop, analyze and present cost efficient solutions.
- Serves as technical expert on specialized projects or programs; acts as advisor to management and/or customers.
- Provides guidance to distribution and logistics related to effective and efficient use of assets and processes.
- Identify capacity impacts to distribution centers associated with varying parameters within the supply chain.
- Develop preferred methods/Standard Operating Procedures for the warehouse in conjunction with Operational support.
- Establish and maintain standards using MOST and full cycle frequency studies across all operational processes. Utilizes labor data to cost justify capital expenditure and process change ROI. Uses labor and material cost data to compare and recommend process change and communicate accurate process costs to senior management.
- Conduct ergonomic evaluations, recommending and implementing improvements to work area designs.
- Has the ability to take ideas from concept to implementation and can influence decision making with all stake-holders. Possesses superior multi-tasking ability to meet concurrent project deadlines.
- Ability to drive process improvements and work within a team to resolve problems.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple and concurrent priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional attitude and approach (and the ability to interact with individuals at various levels of the organization, up and down).
- Proven project management / leadership skills.
- Five or more years of related industrial engineering experience and experience leading a team, completing multi-variable work measurements and developing labor standards, process improvement, and network optimization projects within a distribution environment.
- 4 year degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, or similar equivalent degree
- Previous experience with Distribution planning models (square footage, labor, staffing, etc.) and awareness of material handling technology applications is preferred.
- MS Office Suite with strong MS Excel skills, MS Access, and Visio.
- Experience with top tier Labor Reporting Systems, MOST and Standards Pro. Experience with Red Prairie, Manhattan or equivalent LMS
TJX offers an excellent relocation package for candidates of interest.
You can also feel good knowing that TJ Maxx is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense and T.K. Maxx.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Pittston || PA || TJ Maxx
Associated topics: business, cost efficient, industrial engineer, manufacturing engineer, methods engineer, project, sap, supply, supply chain
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...