Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer Supervisor
##### Department of the Army
U.S. Army Reserve Command
##### 99th Readiness Division
- ##### Open & closing dates
11/21/2019 to 12/04/2019
- ##### Service
- ##### Pay scale & grade
- ##### Salary
$32.41 to $37.81 per hour
- ##### Appointment type
- ##### Work schedule
1 vacancy in the following location:
Lock Haven, PA
##### Relocation expenses reimbursed
##### Telework eligible
**About the Position:
This position is located at:** The 99th Readiness Division, Area
Maintenance Support Activity (AMSA) 112, Lock Haven, PA.
**Description of the Working Environment:** Work is performed in a
maintenance shop setting.
Learn more about this agency
- Plan weekly and monthly work schedules.
- Maintain production reports and records.
- Review work in progress and on completion.
- Identify employees training needs.
- Coordinate work of unit with other units that may be involved.
- Investigate work related problems to identify causes and
implement corrective actions.
- Interview candidates for vacancies.
- Determine measuring equipment and supplies required for
- Adjust plans, assignments, and equipment as necessary to
### Travel Required
Occasional travel - The business travel requirement is 10%.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
- #### Job family (Series)
5803 Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic
### Conditions of Employment
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve (USAR).
- This position requires a Personnel Security Investigation.
- This position requires a valid State Driver?s License.
- This position requires a medical examination prior to
**Who May Apply:** Only applicants who meet one of the employment
authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You
will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and
to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories
you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of
document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee
- Domestic Defense Industrial Base/Major Range and Test Facilities
Base Civilian Personnel Workforce
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Appropriated Fund Instrumentality (NAFI)
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Interchange Agreement
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Postal Service/Peace Corps and Other Unique Authorities
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP)
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer
work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps,
AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional;
philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social).
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including
There is no specific length of training or experience required.
However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown
in your written application materials that you possess the
sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform
the work of this position without more than normal supervision.
Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element): Ability to Lead or
Supervise. To meet the screen out element, applicants should
document experience or show the ability to do the following:
establishing deadlines and priorities; passing on instructions and
assigning tasks to be performed by subordinates; reviewing work and
ensuring shop policies and procedures are being followed;
identifying training needs within the shop; and maintaining
production reports and records. Failure to meet this screen out
element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability to Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes
- Ability To Lead or Supervise
- Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Trouble Shooting
- Use of Measuring Instruments
**Physical Effort Required:** You may be required to work in tiring
and uncomfortable positions for extended periods of time. You will
frequently lift and carry items weighing up to 40 pounds and
push/pull/turn heavy parts or equipment.
**Working Conditions:** Work may be performed inside or outside.
When outside, subject to variable weather conditions. When inside,
subject to drafts, dirt, grease and fumes. Subject to burns,
scrapes, cuts, bruises, shocks and strains while performing work.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
### Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 17 - Materiel Maintenance
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department
of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested
in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in
the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not
authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in
the Government interest.
- One year supervisory probationary period may be required.
- As a supervisor, you must comply with the Army Civilian
Education System (CES) course and timeline requirements. The
Supervisory Development Course (SDC) must be completed within
one year of placement into a supervisory position. For
information on CES, please visit the following website:
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the
Once the announcement has closed, a review of your application
package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the
questionnaire) will be used to determine whether you meet the
qualification requirements listed on this announcement. If you are
minimally qualified, your rsum and supporting documentation will
be compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire
to determine your level of experience. If, after reviewing your
rsum and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that
you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may
lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions
carefully when applying, errors or omissions may affect your
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive
awards in your resume as that information may be taken into
consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be
required to provide supporting documentation.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are
a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has
notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible
for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this
position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP
eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position
and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP
eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection
priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for
the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional
information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition
### Background checks and security clearance
##### Security clearance
##### Drug test required
- Required Documents
The documents you are required to submit vary based on the authority
you are using to apply (i.e., applying as a veteran, applying as a
current permanent Federal employee, applying as a reinstatement,
etc). Please review the following links to see which documents you
need to provide to prove your eligibility to apply: Applicant Merit
Checklist and Proof of Eligibility.
As described above, your complete application includes your resume,
your responses to the online questionnaire, and documents which
prove your eligibility to apply. **If you fail to provide these
documents, you will be marked as having an incomplete application
package and you will not be considered any further.
1. Your resume:**
- Your resume may be submitted in any format and must support the
specialized experience described in this announcement.
- If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate
material or content, it will not be used to make eligibility and
qualification determinations and you may not be considered for
- For qualifications determinations your resume must contain hours
worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., HRS per week
and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your
resume does not contain this information, your application may
be marked as incomplete and you may not receive consideration
for this position.
- For additional information see: What to include in your resume.
2. Other **supporting documents:**
- Cover Letter, optional
- Most recent Performance Appraisal, if applicable
- **Proof of Eligibility to Apply:** Your application must include
the documents which **prove you are eligible to apply** for the
vacancy. The Proof of Eligibility document describes authorities
commonly used in merit promotion recruitment and what
document(s) are required to prove you meet the requirements of
the authority. You must meet the requirements of at least one of
the authorities listed in the **Who May Apply** section above to
receive further consideration.
NOTE: Documents submitted as part of the application package, to
include supplemental documents, may be shared beyond the Human
Resources Office. Some supplemental documents such as military
orders and marriage certificates may contain personal information
for someone other than you. You may sanitize these documents to
remove another person's personal information before you submit your
application. You may be asked to provide an un-sanitized version of
the documents if you are selected to confirm your eligibility.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online
questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the
**Required Documents** section above.
The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST)
on 12/04/2019 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click **Apply** to access the online application. You
will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If
you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one
before beginning the application
- Follow the prompts to **select your rsum and/or other
supporting documents** to be included with your application
package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional
documents to include in your application before it is submitted.
Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the
virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package,
complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem
appropriate and **click to continue with the application
- You will be taken to the online application which you must
complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online
application, verify the required documentation is included with
your application package, and submit the application. **You must
re-select your resume and/or other documents from your USAJOBS
account or your application will be incomplete.**
- It is your responsibility to verify that your application
package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the
questionnaire) is complete, accurate, and submitted by the
closing date. Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to
clear the virus scan.
- Additional information on how to complete the online application
process and submit your online application may be found on the
USA Staffing Applicant Resource Center.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS
account (sajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your
applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application
Status will appear along with the date your application was last
updated. For information on what each Application Status means,
### Agency contact information
### Army Applicant Help Desk
DE-APF-W6KHAA 99TH US ARMY RESERVE REGIONAL SPT CMD
DO NOT MAIL
Fort McCoy, WI 54656
Learn more about this agency
### Next steps
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message
acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package
will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and
quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be
ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no
- Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent.
Please read the following guidance.
### Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on
the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and
gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual
orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age,
membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental
status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job
### Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants
with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable
accommodation for any part of the application process should follow
the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part
of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the
hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable
accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work
environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an
individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties
or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide
reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an
equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform
the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive
equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the
application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are
considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations
or how to contact an agency.
#### Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to
apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/552234500. Only resumes
submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed
at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Associated topics: breakdown, customer service, equipment, machine maintenance, machine repair, maintenance, maintenance technician, mechanical, service technician, troubleshoot
Loading some great jobs for you...