Activities Leader - per diem day/evening hours
Compensation: $47,070.00 - $61,740.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
United Methodist Homes' Wesley Village in Pittston, PA is committed to serving our community by offering exceptional senior care options while simultaneously creating an employee-friendly environment. Successful United Methodist Homes employees all have one thing in common truly caring about the people we serve. With quality and compassionate care always top-of-mind, our environment offers supportive teamwork and opportunities for healthcare professionals to learn and grow!
United Methodist Homes is currently hiring per diem Activities Leaders to work shifts between the hours of 9am - 8pm. We run activities 7 days per week.
What will I do?
Assists in the planning, implementation and evaluation of recreational, social,intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and psychosocial well-being of each resident, in accordance with the resident's assessment and care plan, and as directed by the Activities/Therapeutic Recreation Director
Helps plan and implement programs for residents
- Directs and organizes such activities as sports, dramatics, games, and arts and crafts to assist residents to develop interpersonal relationships, to socialize effectively, and to develop confidence needed to participate in group activities
- Invites and transports those residents needing assistance to scheduled groups
- Assists in preparing monthly calendar of events
- Counsels and encourages residents to develop leisure activities
- Regulates content of program in accordance with resident's capabilities, needs and interests
- Completes assigned paperwork including but not limited to resident assessments, care plans, Hilltop newsletter and attendance books
- Trains group of volunteers and students in techniques of recreation therapy
- Serves on various committees
- Attends various in-services and training as necessary
- Assists residents on trips to community events/functions and may drive facility vehicles to these events
- Understands and follows all HIPAA guidelines
What do I need for this role?
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience working with the senior population is preferred
- Current and valid Drivers License
What makes United Methodist Homes unique?
- We are a faith-based nonprofit organization, committed to serving the community since 1958, and adhering to our mission of providing a wide range of senior living services with truly exceptional care and compassion.
- We have 2 locations in the Binghamton, NY-area as well as our 2 locations in Northeast PA - all providing senior care options and opportunities for career growth!
- We recognize our success depends on committed staff members. We offer a comprehensive, affordable benefit program which includes spousal and family coverage:
- Competitive pay rates
- Incentive compensation programs
- Health insurance plan with Wellness program options
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 403B retirement plan with a generous employer match
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Forgiveness for RNs and LPNs
- Weekend bonus and shift differential payments.
- Employee referral incentive
United Methodist Homesis an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...