Executive Assistant To CEO and Chairman - Walton
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Position: Executive Assistant to the CEO and to the Chairman of the Board
Reporting directly to the World Science Foundation Co-Founders, the CEO and the Chairman of the Board, this full-time, multi-faceted position offers a unique opportunity to work in a fast-moving, non-profit organization that creates high profile, innovative science programming through live, digital, educational, theatrical and broadcast productions. The ideal candidate is a motivated, perceptive, energetic and articulate multi-tasker with outstanding writing, verbal and organizational skills. The Executive Assistant will manage the day-to-day administrative needs of the executive office and serve as a primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies including senior management, board members, donors, renowned scientists and various representatives from the media and creative communities.
· Manage calendars, travel, appointments, databases, accounting and correspondences for the CEO and the Chairman.
· Manage and schedule a high volume of meetings; coordinate logistics and prepare agendas and itineraries.
· Prepare high-level documents including reports, presentations and remarks.
· Create meeting prep materials including background research and bios.
· Manage all incoming and outgoing telephone calls.
· Manage contact databases.
· Schedule Board of Director meetings and oversee onsite details including venue and catering. Assist with the preparation and distribution of Board materials.
· Take clear and concise minutes for high-level meetings and keep accurate meeting records.
· Create and maintain an orderly and environmentally-friendly workspace.
· Communicate on executives’ behalf and practice good judgment in handling confidential information.
· Manage and assist on special projects as needed.
· Assist in development and fundraising projects, including special events.
Qualifications and Special Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree.
· 3 - 5 years administrative experience working in fast-paced office environment. (Journalism, media, education industries preferred but not required.)
· Excellent writing, proofreading, project-management and research skills.
· Acute time-management, keen attention to detail, superior organizational skills, ability to multitask and take initiative.
· Ability to self-start and excel in a high-pressure environment.
· Proficiency in a variety of software and online platforms, such as Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail, Google Drive, Mac and PC products.
· Professional maturity, strong interpersonal and group skills, and a sense of humor.
· Understanding of appropriate conduct when engaging with high-level participants, donors, guests, and others
· Knowledge of media, theater, and/or live event production a plus.
How to Apply:
Please email resume with a cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation. The World Science Foundation is an equal employment opportunity employer.
About World Science Festival:
The World Science Festival produces original live and digital content that brings scientific discovery, insight and perspective to a broad general audience.
Our flagship live event, The World Science Festival, is an unprecedented annual tribute to imagination, ingenuity and inventiveness. Through programming that spans a broad range—from vibrant discussions and debates to works of theatre and film—world-class scientists, leading thinkers, and renowned artists take science out of the laboratory and into the streets, theaters, museums, and public halls of New York City, making the esoteric understandable and the familiar fascinating. The week-long New York Festival has drawn more than two and a half million visitors since its launch in 2008, with millions more viewing the programs online.
World Science live events and theatrical productions tour nationally and internationally. In March 2016, World Science launched the World Science Festival Brisbane, bringing its distinctive programming to new audiences and establishing the first annual Festival outside of New York.
World Science U is our online education initiative, where students and lifelong learners can dive more deeply through artfully produced digital education content presented by world-renowned scientists.
The World Science Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, doing business as World Science Festival and headquartered in New York City.
Loading some great jobs for you...